What makes up your day? What gives you a reason to rise in the morning? How do you know if you are doing the right thing that will bring you closer to your goals instead of just working yourself in circles?
The question “What controls you?” is a heavy one but I think it is an important one to think about and understand as it pertains to your life. The question itself is not asking what is most important to you or what would you rather be doing but what takes up most of your time throughout the day and feeds into everything you do, does it control you or do you control it?
For example, is your job what defines you and is what you are building your life around because you need the stability and support it offers or do you control what you do by owning your days and the job that you have?
Do you control your life or does your life control you?
If you are letting your life control you, do you wish that you could control your life? Do you ever wonder what life would be like if you really had control over what you do? Not that you have to go and quit your job or anything, I am just talking about switching who or what controls what aspects of your life.
Can you actually be the hero of your own movie and what does it take to make it that way?
Here are a couple of things that you should take into consideration when trying to be in control of who you are and what you do:
- Prioritize what makes you happy
- Work through the shit to get to what makes you happy
- Put in the time, and make sure to split your time effectively and efficiently so that not one thing controls your day
- Always remember that you, as a person, are in control of each and every day that you are alive. If you feel out of control start to ask questions until you get back to where you need to be, in the driver's seat
- Life is hard, make time for what you love, the more time you make for it the more time it will make for you.
Control seems to be the constant struggle between you and what you want in the world. You can either be controlled or be controlling, it really depends on how much you want out of your life.